The PFE (Partnership for Eternity) Program helps make Christian education more affordable by offering scholarships to students when they visit individually matched mentors. WCS helps facilitate the positive inter-generational friendships that have a direct and lasting effect on the lives of young people.
The PFE program builds inter-generational connections, providing opportunities for students and mentors to receive Christ’s blessings of service, growth, and friendship.
- Learn the value of service, empathy, and discipline
- Benefit from the wisdom of a mentor
- Help afford their Christian education
- Relationships: Promoting the development of long-term, mutually beneficial relationships between mentors and young people.
- Service: Seeking to provide service opportunities.
- Accountability: Fostering mutual accountability to achieve maximum program potential.
- Partnerships: Cultivating partnerships with organizations committed to the mission and values.
Students bring joy to the lives of mentors through visiting, reading, and playing games. When appropriate, they may also perform light housework and yard work. As young people build generational bridges and learn the value of service, they also benefit from the wisdom and mentorship of their mentors. In the process, their time together helps finance the student’s Christian education.
Student Participant Requirements
- Commitment to visit a mentor once a week for one hour
- Parent attendance with the student at each visit
- Desire to serve, grow, and build a friendship with a mentor
- Willingness to learn from a mentorship
How the Program Works
- Choose a mentor such as a church member, neighbor, or family friend (no relatives).
- Visit this mentor for one hour, once a week.
- Submit reflections about the visit online.
- Receive tuition grant of $25 for each one-hour visit. The scholarship may cover up to a quarter of the student’s tuition when visits are faithfully completed.