WCS Safety and Security
Your child’s safety is a priority here at Whitehall Christian School. We consistently evaluate policies and procedures to protect and more faithfully serve our children, staff and parents. Feel free to contact us with any and all concerns.
Important Security Information & Reminders
At WCS, safety and security are a priority. Our School Safety Officer is actively working to make sure that we comply with all State and local guidelines. In addition to the steps we take here at school, we encourage you to engage with your students on the topic of school safety.
See Something, Say Something
WCS wants to partner with parents in maintaining safety at our school. As part of this partnership, if you see something that concerns you in person or online, please reach out to prevent a tragedy and protect someone from hurting themselves or others. In an emergency call 911, the Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255, or otherwise reach out to our principal at Phone: (610) 799-2341 or Email: email@example.com
- WCS school hours for students are Monday -Thursday from 8:15 am –2:45 pm, and Friday from 8:15 am -1:45 pm.
- Parents may drop their child off no earlier than 8:00 am.
- Between 3:30 am and 5:30 pm students on campus must be at a supervised activity or in one of the following locations: AB Care.
- All students must be picked up, Monday –Thursday no later than3:30 pm., and on Friday, no later than 2:30 pm. unless they are participating in or attending a scheduled campus activity.
- For the safety and security of our students, our premises are monitored by CCTV.
Student Pick Up
- Have your parent ID card or driver’s license card with you.
- You will be asked to park and come in to pick up your student.
- If you have someone other than a parent picking up your student, they MUST be on your authorized pick up list.
- If someone attempts to pick up your child and is not on the authorized pick up list, they will be denied access to pick up until you approve or a proper resolution can be reached.
- Please make us aware of any custody concerns by emailing the details and documents to the building Principal.
- Please be mindful of school buses and the school van when picking up your child.
- Parking is available in front of the school.
- Parking is for school personnel and visitors to the school only.
- For the security of school personnel and students, the police will be notified of unauthorized/unrecognized vehicle parked in the parking lot.
Building Check In
- All visitors must register and obtain a visitors badge in order to enter the school building. Please display this badge at all times.
- Visitors will be asked for a parent ID or to turn in their driver’s license while visiting the school.
- Except for emergency situations, all visits to campus should be scheduled ahead with the school Principal or the teacher you are visiting.
In adverse weather please listen carefully starting at 6:30 am. to one of the following radio stations for announcements concerning our school. Cooperating radio stations include: WAEB (AM790), WHOL (AM1600) and WFMZ (FM100.7). These stations will report school delays and cancellations. Snow announcements can also be seen on Channel 69–TV on your television or wfmz.com on the internet.
School delays and cancellations will also be reported on the Whitehall Christian School Facebook page and an e-mail will be sent through Jupiter to the e-mail addresses provided by the parents/guardians.
Please do not call the principal or school directly for information but plan to utilize the above mentioned resources for information on school closings
Important Transportation Note:
Our students utilize the transportation services of the school districts in which they reside. Because weather conditions can vary greatly throughout the Lehigh Valley, our school determines weather-related delays and closings based on the school district in which our school resides –the Whitehall-Coplay School District.
The school district in which you reside may have a different delay/cancellation policy! Because of this, please pay careful attention to the following guidelines!
If the district you live in has a delay or cancellation different than our school, you may follow your resident district for that day.
For example, if your local school district has a 2-hour delay and WCS begins on time, you may come to school 2 hours late and it will be considered an excused tardy.
If your local school district cancels school and WCS conducts school that day, you may decide that the roads are not safe to travel in your area and receive an excused absence for that day. But please note the extremely important exceptions listed below!*
*Extremely Important Exceptions to the Above Rule:
1.Whitehall Christian School is delayed but your school district opens on time:
Do not send your child on the school district bus! There will be no one at the school to receive him or her! Since school attendance is important, you may choose to drive your child to school yourself(weather permitting),planning to arrive at the time our school opens. If you are unable to do this, your child’s absence will be excused.
Your child’s safety is of paramount importance!
Under no circumstances should you drop your child off at WCS before our school is open!
2. Whitehall Christian School is closed but your school district is open:
Do not send your child on the school district bus or drop him or her off at school yourself!
There will be no one at the school to receive him or her.
3. Whitehall Christian School has an early dismissal but your school district does not have an early dismissal:
- You may choose to pick your child up from school yourself at the WCS dismissal time.
- You may have someone else pick your child up from school at the WCS dismissal time, providing that this individual has been registered with the school prior to picking your child up. Under no circumstances will your child be released to any individual without prior written permission, so please make advance arrangements with WCS before inclement weather necessitates it!
- In the event that your child cannot be picked up at the early dismissal time, a staff member will remain with your child at school until your local school district bus arrives.
Please make sure there is someone at home when your child arrives so that your child can be properly supervised and his or her safety assured!
Active Shooter Resources
We desire to partner with parents in pursuing excellence in all areas of education. We believe that understanding what our students are exposed to and are experiencing online is crucial for excellent parenting today. Below are some resources available for parents.
Active Shooter Resources from the Department of Homeland Security:
- Pathway to Violence: Warning Signs and What You Can Do
- Active Shooter Educational Sheet
- How to Respond When an Active Shooter is in Your Vicinity
- Active Shooter Recovery Guide
Online Activities Resources
As part of our mission, we desire to partner with parents in pursuing excellence in all areas of education. We believe that understanding what our students our exposed to and are experiencing online is crucial for excellent parenting today. Below are some resources available for parents both inside and outside of the Heritage community