Tuition and Fees
At Whitehall Christian School, your child will discover his or her God-given potential, make lifelong friends, learn to serve, and graduate ready to make a difference in their community and around the world. While this will require the investment of your financial resources, we believe you will see that this is a worthy investment in your child.
Upon acceptance at WCS, a non-refundable registration fee of $400 is due no later than the first day of school.
Note: A 10% discount applies to registration fees paid on or before July 1st, providing that there is no outstanding balance from a previous year at the time of registration.
The primary function of tuition is to help defray the expenses of the school.
Tuition for the 2020–2021 school year, for all grade levels, PreK –8thGrade, is $ 3,350.00*
Note: A 10 % discount on tuition is applied for each additional, non-constituent, grade 1-8 child, from the same family, enrolled at the school.
Tuition payments may be paid in full at the beginning of the year or in nine equal payments with the first payment being due on September 1st and the final payment on May 1st. Other payment plans may be available upon request. Invoices will be sent on a monthly basis, but it is the parent’s/guardian’s responsibility to pay tuition each month regardless of receipt of the invoice. Statements may be sent on a requested basis. Tuition is non-negotiable and should be paid even if there is a discrepancy. Should a tuition discrepancy arise, the discrepancy will be investigated and handled by the School Treasurer/School Finance Committee in a timely manner upon formal request.
Textbooks, workbooks, classroom software subscriptions, specialty class supplies such as science lab consumables, technology services & fees, various school supplies and standardized testing.
Tuition Does NOT Include:
Optional fees such as: lunch purchases, van fees (Allentown School District does not provide transportation for students grade 5 and over), some class field trips, school uniforms, class t-shirts, participation or activity fees, etc. This is not an exhaustive list and other fees may be incurred.
- *Tuition reduction is available for members of the constituent churches that support WCS.
- Because of our small size and low tuition, Whitehall Christian School is unable to offer extensive financial assistance.
- A limited number of scholarships are available for students whose families are in financial need. Details, requirements, and application forms are available from the school treasurer.
- Our school does, however, participate in the PFE (Partnership for Eternity) program which offers some financial assistance for a limited number of students. Preference is given to families with the greatest need, and is on a first come, first served basis. More information about the PFE program is available from the school Treasurer.
- Some parents have been able to find sponsors for their child from relatives and/or members of their local churches. It is the parent’s responsibility to find sponsors if they so desire.
Tuition Due Dates and Late Payment Policies:
- Tuition payments not received by the 1st day of the month will be considered past due.
- Tuition payments not received by the 5th day of the month will be considered delinquent and the student may be excluded from school until the balance is paid in full. All delinquent accounts must be paid by cash, cashier’s check or money order. NO personal checks will be accepted.
- Extenuating circumstances will be considered if the parent is actively communicating with and working with the school Treasurer. Any extenuating circumstances will ultimately require approval of the finance committee.
- Continued non-payment of tuition may result in dismissal of the student until payment is made or special arrangements have been set.
- In cases of transfer, in compliance with Pennsylvania State Law, academic records will not be forwarded to the new school system until all debts have been satisfied.
- If there is a balance due at graduation, report cards will not be issued and will remain the property of the school until the balance is paid in full.
- The student’s application will not be accepted for the next school year if there is any tuition due from the previous year.
- Delinquent accounts may be subject to a $25 late fee per month.
Returned checks are subject to a $25 service fee (in addition to your bank fee).